The Grand Canyon State, Arizona – A Quiz
2. The Native Americans who first led Spanish explorers to the Grand Canyon belonged to what tribe?
3, What beautiful spot has served as the most popular background scenery in western movies?
4. Lake Havasu City has what enormous structure, brought over from London?
5. What large, extinct creatures could you see in animated form in the Mesa Southwest Museum?
6. What weather phenomenon waters the green fields of cotton, melons, and lettuce near Phoenix?
7. Known as the Jewel of the Desert, the Biltmore Hotel is in what major city?
8. The beautiful sandstone fort in Pipe Spring National Monument was built by what religious group?
9. What animals can you ride into the Grand Canyon?
10. Why does the town of Bisbee not have mail delivered to people’s homes?
1. The Fiesta Bowl
3. Monument Valley
4. London Bridge
6. None. The farming is all done by irrigation
8. The Mormons
10. The town’s streets are too steep even for mail carriers.