1. What national park centers around 143-degree water?
2. What 1848 event in California changed Fort Smith, Arkansas, into a boomtown?
3. What is Hope famous for?
4. Eureka Springs has a museum devoted to figurines of what water creatures?
5. Governor Winthrop Rockefeller founded a museum devoted to one of his favorite hobbies. What?
6. Mountain View is host to what popular music contest?
7. What type of structures are raced in Mountain Home’s annual Bean Days?
8. Rogers has a museum devoted to what type of weapons for children?
9. What town claims that it saw the first fighting for the Civil War?
10. What crucial metal originates in the state of Arkansas?
1. Hot Springs
2. The discovery of gold, leading to the gold rush. Fort Smith became a favorite starting place for wagons heading west.
3. Its annual Watermelon Festival. Also, it’s the childhood home of Bill Clinton
4. Frogs; it is the Frog Fantasies collection
6. The Arkansas State Fiddler’s Contest
8. Air guns
9. Pine Bluff; several days before Charleston’s Fort Sumter was fired on (the official beginning of the war), Pine Bluff locals fired on a federal gunboat and confiscated its supplies.
10. Aluminum, made from the bauxite ore that is common in Arkansas