!. The scientific name for the cacao (cocoa) tree is Theobroma cacao. That’s fitting because Theobroma is Latin for what?
2. About 1500 BC, in the rain forests of Central America, which clever folks started making drinks from cacao beans?
3. What conquistador loaded up his ships with New World cacao beans and sailed home to turn the Spanish into chocaholics?
4. Chocolate syrup is the fake blood flowing through the famous shower scene in what Hitchcock film?
5. Whose mother taught his that “life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get”?
6. Dark chocolate contains flavonoids that are known to protect the health of what bodily organ?
7. Chocolate also contains the alkaloid theobromine, which makes the treat poisonous for what important family member?
8. Wanting to whip up something special for patrons of her Massachusetts restaurant, Ruth Wakefield cut a semisweet chocolate bar into her cookie dough and invented what in the 1930s? (Bonus: Name the restaurant.)
9. What is the only U.S. state that grows cacao trees to make chocolate?
10. At 24 pounds per person annually, which country’s citizens chow down the most chocolate?