!. What painter known for Christina’s World and the Helga paintings died in 2009?
2. Thomas Kinkade, who has been dubbed “America’s most-collected living artist,” is known as the “Painter of” what?
3. James Whistler’s 1872 painting Arrangement in Gray and Black No. 1 is better known my what name?
4. What great painter of Americana gained fame for his Saturday Evening Post covers?
5. What noted painter had to go to England to get his Birds of America published?
6. America’s largest art museum, with more that 3 million objects, is what Manhattan landmark?
7. Grant Wood’s famous painting American Gothic shows a farm couple, with the man holding a pitchfork. What relation are the man and woman?
8. The “Gibson girl” made famous by artist Charles Dana Gibson, was what woman?
9. California’s most famous cemetery has several large reproductions of famous religious paintings. What is the cemetery?
10. What redheaded comic is also famous for his paintings of clowns?
11. Florida’s Ringling Museum of Art was financed with money from what type of entertainment?
12. What president’s much visited statue in D.C. was sculpted by Daniel Chester French?
13. If you wanted to see the largest collection of Rembrandt paintings in America, where would you go?
14. Fulton, Missouri, has a thirty-two-foot sculpture titled Breakthrough. What Cold War relic does it commemorate?
15. If you wanted to see a lot of paintings of dogs, what midwestern city would you visit?
16. What noted Missouri artist’s home can be visited in Kansas City?
17. Sculptor Korzack Ziolkowski began work on the world’s largest statue, a memorial to Sioux chief Crazy Horse. In what state?
18. What great artist is known for his more than one hundred portraits of George Washington?
19. Many limners from the colonial era are known only be the names of the families who paid them. What were they?
20. The Wars of America, a forty-two-figure bronze sculpture in Newark, New Jersey, was sculpted by Gutzon Borglun. What huge outdoor sculpture is he more famous for?
21. What great French sculptor’s works are featured in a Philadelphia museum? (Hint: thinker)
22. What famous woman started painting because her fingers had become too stiff for embroidering?
1. Andrew Wyeth
3. “Whistler’s Mother”
4. Norman Rockwell
5. John James Audubon
6. The Metropolitan Museum of Art
7. Father and daughter, according to the artist
8. Gibson’ wife
9. Forest Lawn, in Glendale
10. Red Skelton, who died in 1997
11. The circus
12. Lincoln’s, inside the Lincoln Memorial
13. The National Gallery of Art in D.C.
14. The Berlin Wall, which still existed when the sculpture was done
15. St. Louis; it’s Museum of the Dog is a center for dog-related art
16. Thomas Hart Benton
17. South Dakota; the statue was carved from the granite of Thunderhead Mountain.
18. Gilbert Stuart
19. Portrait painters
20. Mount Rushmore, the four presidents
21. Rodin, famous for The Thinker
22. Grandma Moses